Skip to main content

New Horses and Some Regret

A few logins ago, I bought two new horses with some excess star coins.
The first was the gray Lipizzan. The second was the speckled Mustang. (Yes, I'm sure there's a real word for that, but I don't know what it is. It looks sorta like an Appaloosa but it's a Mustang so...)

Meet Silverwings!


He's obviously not impressed with Chaun's antics. Give me the rainbow "pet" already!!!



I've leveled both only slightly but now that the app to raise your own baby horse in Star Stable is out, I sorta regret buying Meteorsmash. I'm going to raise the pinto Mustang, which is prettier than but similar in color to the horse I have now. I like the way the next horse, which is currently a foal, looks more. I've tentatively named my foal Wildfeather, but I really like that I can change it whenever I'd like. What do you think of the name? I was also thinking of like Cloudflyer or maybe Spiritfeather or Skyfeather. I like feather for this one, because the horse looks like it would be at home in a Native American setting, and feathers remind me of dream catchers. There's also Bravechief which is a more obvious reference, but I do think this one should be female and there weren't too many female chiefs.

Note the caption in the pic of Silverwings. I've gone through HUNDREDS of rainbow gold trying to get the rainbow item that goes in the pet slot. I've gotten doubles, triples, and quadruples of every available gift except that. Chaun hates me!!! And of course, I play on the EU server so the time is different and I'm always running late. I have less than half the day most people do because of when I have free time.

I decided to take Meteorsmash out with me for the final few rainbows of the day.
I hope she has better luck than Silverwings!



The sun is setting and the end of the day draws near! Oh noes...

I know the event is almost over, but I found this tremendously helpful:
http://ssoforums.com/thread/1408/rainbow-locations-times-orders
It's a list that shows the times (in Jorvik time - check the clock in Silverglade) and locations of every rainbow spot.


.......


Well... the night of chasing rainbows is over and my luck never improved.
I want that rainbow pet so bad!
I know there are probably people out there who received duplicates and had to sell them to a vendor, instead of being able to trade it with another person. That's crappy.
I'd also gladly pay star coins for the rainbow if I don't get it by the end of tomorrow, which is scheduled to be the last day. Just having the option would be nice.

Well, I guess I'll call it a night. I think I've been playing for... 5 hours straight which I haven't come close to [in this game] in a long time.

Thanks for reading, and Happy Trails.

oh, and ps: I'm sorry I haven't been updating regularly. I tend to forget about Star Stable when I get really into a different video game and lately I've been playing tons of Elder Scrolls Online. I love that game so much! If you'd like to know more about that, I recently started blogging about it over on my Stormborn Legacy blog. Take care y'all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stars Over the Field Daily Quest

This post is intended to help those who are stuck or lost on the 'Stars Over the Field' daily quest offered by Mario at the Observatory.  He tells you there are three stars that fell overnight, and then shows you through the telescope where they fell, but does not mark these locations on your map.  In order to review the locations, you must ride all the way back to the Observatory and check the telescope again. I've taken screenshots of the view through the telescope as well as the close-up view with my map included in the photo, in order to better show the location. Star Stone between boulders: Star Stone near ditch: It may be helpful at this time to mention that it is a little ways away from the bonfire for Midsummer Festival. Star Stone near the Baroness' race track: This one is really easy, so easy that I forgot to include a map picture.  It's right next to the gondola and construction area as soon as you come down from

Horse Name Options in Star Stable Online - Plain List

Prefixes Suffixes Ace ace Air angel Amethyst anthem Angel aura Anti beam Apple bean Arctic beat Ash beauty Autumn bee Baby belle Bat berry Berry bird Big biscuit Bird blaze Blind blood Blue blossom Bold bolt Bow born Brave bow Bright boy Brilliant breeze Bullet brother Bumble buddy Butter bullet Cake cake Candy candy Caramel caramel Carrot caster Cat champion Chance chance Chaos charm Charm chaser Cherry cherry Chip chief Chocolate child Chunky chip Cinder chunk Cinnamon clash Clash cloud Classy clover Clever comet Cloud cookie Clover crasher Coco crescent Coffee crown

Who let the donkeys out? (A Star Stable guide to save time!)

Heya StarFam, what’s up? I just finished finding all the mini-donkeys added on Wednesday’s update, thanks in large part to Minatozy’s video (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuW1lZiOE-g ) Because she already made such a great guide, I’d like to offer a different approach. Her video showed the donkeys in the order they’re listed in the journal. I’m going to show you the best route to take to waste the least amount of time. Read first : All listed coordinates are in x, y format. You can view coordinates by opening your in-game map and moving your mouse pointer over different areas of the map. The coordinates are listed above the description in the tooltip above your mouse pointer, in white font. (Some areas will say the name of the area [like The Forgotten Fields] next to the coordinates. Some won’t.) It will also show your current coordinates in the bottom right side of your map. It doesn’t show them on the minimap. If you left-mouse click on an area of the map, it will creat